Up until last night, we were scheduled to fly into the Northeast (I say this because we usually fly into Albany, NY to get to Bennington) on Thanksgiving night, and head out on Monday. This meant we would be missing the large Lenkowski family Thanksgiving celebration in Northampton, Mass. No bueno. But the cost difference was insane, and Southwest didn't even offer any flights on Weds.
Cut to last night. Brian decided to start poking around, and realized that we could actually fly into Bradley (Hartford, Conn.) on Wednesday for a minimal amount of miles. And thanks to his United premiere status (NBD) we would get two free bags! So, I called Southwest to cancel the first leg of our trip (I love you Southwest, no change/cancel fees is the BEST), and Brian booked us in for a Wednesday evening arrival. This means we now to get see Brian's grandmother and all his aunts and uncles, in addition to his immediate family over the rest of the weekend. Huzzah!
We only wish we had learned of this news a few weeks earlier before we booked our Christmas flight to Portland on Alaska Air, then we could have used that Southwest credit that expires in February 2012 (long story) for that leg. But, I am pretty excited about this because now we get to go to Vegas in January to celebrate the nuptials of Matt Huntington! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment