Both Wednesday and Thursday consisted of meetings in San Jose for work, as well as some stops at a few of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco of course. If you ever have the opportunity to go to Maru Sushi by Union Square, be sure to order the Popeye and the Jalapeno Bomb... you are welcome in advance. The other restaurant I love is Nopalito--great, upscale Mexican food in a relaxed environment. On a side note, we discovered a little gem of a pizza place in San Jose called Pizza Bocca Lupo in San Pedro Market if you are ever in the area.
On Friday, Brian flew in and we ate at another of my favorite Mexican places Don Pisto's (are you sensing a theme here?) with my co-worker--fantastico! After that we headed to AT&T Park to catch the premiere of TOTEM in San Francisco--the show was AMAZING and since I hadn't seen it since February, totally re-inspiring for my work inspirations. Brian loved the show as well, his favorite so far! After the show we hit up a few bars and then lay our little heads down for rest... around 3 a.m.!
The next day consisted of a work activity in the morning, and then we hit up ThirstyBear Brewing Co. inbetween the nighttime event we also had scheduled. The Halloween event, held at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, was amazing and both Brian and I had a great time. Of course afterwards we hit up a local brewpub, Social, which Brian really enjoyed (and me too!).
Sunday morning was spent exploring Alcatraz, which we both really liked. Neither of us had been there since we were kids and to be honest I really didn't remember much at all! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone--really insightful of the island's past.
Last but not lease, we HAD to hit up my number one Mexican stop, La Taqueria, before Brian could leave on Sunday (I was a few hours later). I had talked up the carnitas burrito quite a bit so I was happy when Brian said it lived up to all his expectations! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment